The Rotherham Hospital project was split into several phases and put out to tender. I&G were successful through both quality and price, but mostly this was based on past-experience in this sector and how we demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the required works across all seven schemes.
During the pre-construction period, we chaired the design team meetings and provided essential detail to allow the build programme to be managed around the constricted timescales, offering quality alternatives and solutions to allow the complicated phasing process to be completed in order, on time and to budget.
- Working within strict hospital and construction guidelines surrounding covid alongside being in a live, extra-busy hospital environment
- Overcoming challenging elements to designs and working to tight deadlines
- Logistical challenges when accessing (or lack of access to) certain areas of the hospital and covid-related material and labour shortages
- The safe removal of waste materials
- Noise when undertaking structural alteration works and installing equipment – we had to be mindful of ill patients and disturbance to staff caring for them
- Some of the schemes were subject to a programme of asbestos removal in isolated areas