Refurbishment redecoration to ground and first floor of the Main Hall, as well as damp treatment works and redecoration to the adjoining Innovation Centre.
Collaboration was key throughout the project particularly due to it being a live environment, but also to ensure the requirements from the Council’s conservation team were being met at each stage. Restoring, repairing, retaining, and enhancing the original features of the Grade II Listed Building was a focus throughout.
I&G made recommendations to the design and materials based on expertise in the sector and reconfigured the space in innovative ways to make the space work more efficiently.
- Live environment meaning any disruption had to be kept to an absolute minimum
- Phased project to allow the offices within the building to remain operational throughout the project
- Grade II Listed Building and working in accordance with conservationist’s, recommendations, and requirements
- Tight time scales
- Out of hours and weekend work to get the job done on time and to budget
- Access / egress – working in conjunction with not only tenants, but existing site vehicular movements
- Strip out / enabling work
- Structural alternations and demolition to existing kitchens, toilets, and breakout areas
- Replacement and restoration of existing stonework and other Grade II Listed Features recommended by the Council’s conservation team
- Damp treatment works
- Redecoration to walls, ceilings, floors, and carpeted areas
- New fire partitions and doors throughout both buildings
- Bespoke creation of kitchen components and units
- Deep clean upon completion
- Sound proofing and acoustic upgrades to the doors
- Installation of external canopies and doors
All the work was carried out under the supervision of the Council’s conservation team to ensure period features of the listed building are retained and enhanced.
Works also included the improvement of digital connectivity to the building, meaning tenants now have access to ultra-fast broadband and modern telephony making Conyngham Hall more attractive to businesses that rely on a fast and stable internet connection.