- Full strip out and refurbishment of existing office and secretary space
- Huge reconfiguration of the area to make way for multiple eye care departments
- Creation of a 2500 m² facility with new consultation rooms, refractive unit, laser surgery, treatment and virtual clinic room
- Modernisation of the space to bring it more in line with the latest NHS standards
- Improved accessibility for partially sighted people, including voice activated lifts and bespoke colour schemes
- Different coloured waiting areas for identifying zones
Live communication took place between I&G Site Manager Garry Higgins and representatives from Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, as well as regular meetings to track progress throughout the scheme and tours for clinical staff at hand over stage.
Following the successful decant and handover of the previous ophthalmology unit, works are underway at Chancellor Wing to create a brand-new emergency unit to increase ED services and improve the patient flow throughout the busiest department within the hospital.